- Introductions Comes here.
Sports Sciences & Physical Education
Riphah International University Faisalabad
Bs. SPORTS SCIENCES & PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
The program in Sports Sciences & Physical Education is designed to produce the graduates having a sound knowledge of the theoretical and practical subject matter. Along with the knowledge of the subject they would also have a broader view of other disciplines of social as well as physical sciences. It will enable the students to interact with other branches of knowledge and strengthen their understanding of the society. The graduates are equipped with essential tools and techniques of research. It will enable them to analyze any given situation / issue and suggest its possible solutions. The graduates are to be empowered to establish and develop a viable and forceful line between theory / concepts and practice in the field of Sports Sciences and Physical Education. The collective efforts behind this course are to create cohesiveness among the institutions and personnel of sports and physical education. The similarity among the outlines has been developed to inter-relate the discipline in the global perspective creating an environment of healthy competition and equal opportunities for all at national and international level.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM:
The duration of the Bs. Sports Sciences & Physical Education Program shall be four academic years with eight semesters.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION IN BS. PROGRAM
Candidates should hold intermediate certificate with at least 45% marks preferably in intermediate should be in medical, engineering or computer science but not restricted to these combinations only.
The candidate will be selected for admission in Bs. Sports Sciences & physical education Program on the basis of merit list prepared based on candidates’ performance in the entry test conducted as per Department criteria/University criteria.
Bs. PROGRAM SCHEME OF STUDY:
The course of study for Bs. Sports Sciences & Physical Education consists of eight (08) semesters. Students will be offered total 141 credit hours course work in the Bs. Sports Sciences and Physical Education program. Students will be required to produce a research thesis at the end of the program in eighth semester. Weightage of research thesis is equivalent to 6 credit hours.
Bs. PROGRAM ASSESSMENT CRITERIA.
The students will appear in examinations and have to obtain 45% marks to be declared successful.
RATIONALE & SCOPE OF PROGRAM
In the era of educational revolution description of the BS 4-Years program in Sports Sciences & Physical Education is to prepare graduates having a deep knowledge of the subjects as well as ability to analyze in a given situation and draw out conclusion. The primary aim of the program is to produce broad base graduates able to face the challenges of the modern world.
Department of Sport Sciences & Physical Education actively participate at HEC and various levels and feels to introduce the BS program to enhance the abilities of sports leaders in Pakistan. The program contains the basic and advance courses which fulfill the need of market and also produce the sports manager and teachers fully equipped with latest knowledge and techniques.
Sports personnel are essential in every level of educational institution. At the moment no University is offering regular sport sciences degree in Faisalabad. As we know Faisalabad is the educational HUB of Punjab. The Riphah International University will offer the BS (Hons) Four year program first time in this area for both ganders and will attract the student from all over Punjab and Pakistan by providing quality education and research opportunities.
SCHEME OF STUDIES FOR BS (4YEAR) IN
SPORTS SCIENCES & PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Semester Name of Subject Credits First English I (Compulsory 1) 3+0 Pakistan Studies (Compulsory 2) 2+0 Mathematics I (Compulsory 3) 3+0 Basics of Human Anatomy 3+0 Foundation of Physical Education 3+0 Games-I 1+1 Athletics-I 1+1 16+2 Second English II (Compulsory 4) 3+0 Islamic Ethical Principles & Contemporary Issues 2+0 Mathematics II / Univ. Optional (Compulsory 6) 3+0 Biochemistry (General 2) 3+0 Basics of Human Physiology (Foundation 6) 2+1 Athletics-II 1+1 Games-II 1+1 Gymnastic-I 0+1 15+4 Third English III (Compulsory 7) 3+0 Introduction to Computer (Compulsory 8) 3+0 Talent Identification in Sports 3+0 Sports Biomechanics (Foundation 3) 2+1 Introduction to the Basic Concepts and Teachings of the Qur’an 2+0 Games-III 1+1 Athletics-III 1+1 Gymnastics-II 0+1 15+4 Fourth English IV/ Univ. Optional (Compulsory 9) 3+0 Introduction to modern technologies (General 4) 3+0 Sociology (General 5) 2+0 Administration and Management in Sports (Foundation 7) 3+0 Health and Environmental education(Foundation 8) 3+0 Introduction to the Hadith and Seerah 2+0 Athletics-IV 1+1 Games-IV 1+1 18+2 Fifth Science of Sports Training (Major 1) 3+0 Environmental Sciences (General 6) 3+0 Physical Education for Special population (Elective 1) 3+0 Sports Nutrition (Major 2) 3+0 Introduction to Statistics (General 7) 3+0 Professional Ethics in Medical Science 2+0 17+0 Sixth Specialization in one group of track and field (Elective 4) 0+3 Research Methodology in Physical Education (Major 3) 3+0 Planning & development of Sports Facilities (Foundation 9) 2+1 Test, Measurement & Evaluation in Phy: Edu: & Sports (Major 4) 2+1 Sports Psychology (Major 5) 3+0 Practical (Teaching Practice) 1+1 11+6 Seventh Sports Medicine (Major 6) 3+0 Exercise Physiology (Major 7) 2+1 Role of Media in Sports (Elective 3) 3+0 Scientific Sports Coaching (Foundation 10) 3+0 Specialization in one game (Elective 2) 1+2 Formation of Research Proposal 1+0 13+3 Eight Trauma & Rehabilitation (Major 8) 2+1 Curriculum Development in Physical Education (Major 9) 3+0 Adapted Physical Education (Major 10) 3+0 Research Thesis 0+6 8+7
M.Phil Sports Sciences & Physical Education
Brief Introduction of Program
What is Sports Science?
Sports Science is a broad field of study that includes training modalities for improved performance; development of methods that allow athletes to train at higher intensities, more efficiently, and without injury; and the development of equipment or gear that improves performance.
Where does a Sports Scientist Work?
Sports Scientists can work in a variety of settings and roles.
One option is to be a sports science researcher.
- Athletic Teams & Organizations
Every athletic team is looking for a performance edge. Sports scientists may work directly with athletic teams, strength and conditioning, sports medicine, Sports psychology or some combination of these.
Many sports related companies hire product designers and sports scientists to work in research and development.
Description of the Program
In the era of educational revolution description of the MPhil programs in Sport Sciences is to prepare graduates having a deep knowledge of the subjects as well as ability to analyze sports performance in a given situation and draw out conclusion. The main objective of the program is to produce broad base graduates able to face the challenges of the modern world to enhance the performance of the athletes.
Objectives of the Program
The main objectives of the M. Phil (Sports Sciences) course are to provide opportunity for professional training to sports science students who have research aptitude in the field of Physical Education and Sports Sciences. It is also a pre–doctoral Programme, which will enable students to develop research aptitude and experience.
- Theoretical and Practical knowledge
- Broader view of other disciplines of Social and Physical Sciences
- Equipped with the latest rules and regulations
- Essential Tools and Techniques of Research work
- Scientific Coaching Methodology
- To produce trained and professional Sports Scientists
- To meet the International standard of training and teaching
- Training encompassing the principles and practices of Psychological and Physical applications
- To develop skills to help the athletes to maximize the potential of sports men and women
Justification of the Program
- Higher Educational (MPhil/PhD) Programs are not available in the area of Sports Sciences. It is practical oriented Degree Program and all type of Sports Infrastructure is available in Islamabad. It is also a center place and accessible to all. No scholarships are available in any of the HEC Program separately for sports personals and it’s not possible to study abroad in such an expensive subject.
- Sport expertise are essential in every level of Educational Institutions, Clubs, Tehsil Sports organizers (TSO), District Sports Organizers (DSO) Divisional Sports Organizers, All Provincial Sports Boards, Pakistan Sports Board, All Provincial Olympic Associations, National Olympic Committee and all Sports Federations, Departments (Army/Navy/Police/Railway/Banks/WAPDA/SNGPL /Mills Sports Directorates.
- Furthermore, working as Fitness Trainers, Nutritionists, Physiotherapists, Sport Psychologists and performance analysts and Managerial Positions.
- This area is new in Pakistan and expertise are not available for this field.
- The International Islamic University will attract the students of sports sciences due to its unique program and also this field of study is not available in twin cities and students are facing lot of problems due to this reason.
Entry Requirement of the Program
For admission to the M.Phil Sports Sciences & Physical Education, candidates should have passed post-graduate degree in Sports Sciences & Physical Education (M.Sc/ MA/M.PEd/M.P.E.) from any University with at least second division in Master recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
Duration of the Program and semester-wise workload:
Program Name: M.Phil Sports Sciences & Physical Education
Duration: 4 Semesters (2 Years)
Nature : Weekend Program
Workload: 30 Credit Hours
Exact title of Program that will appear on the degree
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) in Sports Sciences & Physical Education
- Research in Sports Sciences & Physical Education
- Scientific Sports Coaching
- Advance Measurement in Physical Education and Sports
- Sports and Exercise Psychology
- Group Dynamics
- Sports Management and Olympic Movement
- Concept of Health, Fitness and Wellness
- Sports Medicine
- Nutrition & Athletic Performance
- Sports Sociology
- Planning & Development Sports Facilities
- Science of Sports Training
- Sports Biomechanics
- Development of Talent in Sports
- Foundation of Physical Education
- Training Methods and Theories
- Movement Education
- Adapted Physical Education
Note: First two subjects in each semester are core subjects and other two subjects are chosen from the list of optional courses. Subjects can be changed according to the rules and regulations of Riphah International University.
Course Title Credit Hours
- Research in Sports Sciences & Physical Education 3
- Scientific Sports Coaching 3
- Group Dynamics 3
- Sports Medicine 3
Course Title Credit Hours
- Sports and Exercise Psychology 3
- Advance Measurement in Physical Education and Sports 3
- Sports Biomechanics 3
- Sports Management and Olympic Movement 3
Third and Fourth Semester
Course Title Credit Hours
Home / First College of Sports Science & Physical Education